Tuesday, November 11, 2008

“Ladies…”


You may find it hard to believe, but apparently women were treated with some sort of disrespect by advertisers at one point in history. Here are nine of the most bizarre and anti-woman ads ever.

This is the only foreign ad of the bunch but it’s an ad for tampons that, for some reason, indicates that a good usage is to tie a dead fish to your tampon string. Now, I’m no gynecologist (well, not professionally at least; I dabble in amateur work), but I could imagine that hanging a fish from your cooch won’t help your vaginal situation. In fact, it may make it worse. Much worse. Especially for the fish. I’m pretty sure that’s how Flounder from the Little Mermaid died.



I'm assuming you know this is wrong on so many levels. I'm not posting it to point that out. I'm posting it to find out how many levels of wrong it is.

And remember, I'm recording this for science and posterity.

3 Comments:

Blogger giornalista said...

In case you were wondering, the text of the ad translates to "I'm like a fish in water." I take this to mean that either Tampax tampons fit in really well (like the proverbial fish), or that ladies who use Tampax take on a briny, marine odor that reminds a fish of home. Either way, pure class...

10:09 AM  
Blogger reenee said...

Actually Biff, it's impossible to articulate exactly how many levels of wrong this is.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

I agree, ReeNee, but thanks to Giancarlo, I know it's at least two.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home