Saturday, December 11, 2004

I Re-Watched "Kaiser Blade" This Afternoon. Some People Call It "Sling Blade." I Call It "Kaiser Blade." Mm, hm. Still Love It, I Reckon.


KARL
How does a feller go about gettin' ahold of the police?


DOYLE
Pick up the fuckin' phone and call 'em, I guess.


KARL
What numbers do you punch?


DOYLE
I told you to get away from here, didn't I?...
(notices blade)
What are you doin' with that piece of iron?...


KARL
I aim to kill you with it.


DOYLE
...Well, to get the police you push 911. You'll need to tell 'em to send an ambulance, too. Or a hearse, you fuckin' idiot, if you're gonna kill me.
(laughs)


Minutes later,

KARL
(into phone)
Yes, ma'am. I need the police over here at the Wheatley house.
(pause)
I've killed somebody with a mower blade.
(pause)
Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it....
(pause)
...I'll be a settin' here waitin' on ye. Besides sendin' the police, Doyle said you might want to send a ambulance or a hearse. Thank ye.

With all the hoopla over his personal life, it's easy to forget Billy Bob Thonton is a singular talent, one worth celebrating. He wrote, directed, and starred in this piece. It's a great place to start if you're unfamiliar with his work, and would like to check him out.

Please do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home