Tuesday, September 20, 2005

To the Drag Queen Who Bailed Me Out of Bernalillo County Jail

You came in to Foxes Friday night, according to the story that I heard, and asked Alex the doorman where I was. On being told I was in jail, you who had met me only briefly once before said something like 'what do we need to do to get him out?' You took two hundred dollars out and gave it probably to Alex. He gave it to the bondsman. I was released a few hours later, and heard this story from Alex in the parking lot at Foxes as the State Fair parade marched by Saturday morning, ending my nightmare as a simple surreal dream. By then, you were gone, and there was no way to reach you. Alex reports to me your parting words to me were 'tell him to pay me back when he wins the lottery'.


There's a country music hit in there somewhere. I mean, the title alone would take it to Gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home