Monday, October 04, 2004

It Helps To Know that I Think Citizen Kane Is the Most Overrated Film Ever Hyped

There are many moments of blow-soda-through-your-nose comedic brilliance. North Korea's megalomaniac dictator sings a reflective, autobiographical ballad. Housecats posing as rabid panthers maul celebrity peaceniks. Matt Damon's puppet doppelganger cameos as a "Timmy"-esque halfwit whose vocabulary consists entirely of his own name. A computer intelligence network touted as the world's most sophisticated...speaks in a stoned surfer drawl.... And an explicit marionette sex scene manages to cram in such dizzying array of positions--from reverse cowgirl to rimming--you'll need a copy of the Puppet Sutra just to keep up.

...In short: it may be the single best crappy movie you'll see all year.
Let's me get this straight: it's got political satire, celebrity bashing, and puppet sex, all cooked up in one deliberately crappy stew. I am all over this, like a Star Wars nerd on The Revenge of the Sith &mdash in the "sitting in a lawn chair outside the theatre to get a good seat" sense, not in the "I'm moving back in with my parents and giving up sex with actual women, because none of them could ever give me the pleasure that my picture of Princess Leia in her slave girl get-up does" sense. (I'm pathetic, yes; I'm just not that pathetic.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home