Saturday, March 19, 2005

"Believing that True Love Waits, I Make a Commitment to contracting an STD from Oral and Anal Sex Like a Good Boy"

Since it was founded in 1993, the virginity group True Love Waits claims 2.4 million youths have signed a card stating: "Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, those I date, and my future mate to be sexually pure until the day I enter marriage...."

In terms of high-risk behavior, the raw numbers were small, but the gap was statistically significant, said Bearman. Just 2 percent of youth who never took a pledge said they had had anal or oral sex but not intercourse, compared to 13 percent of "consistent pledgers."


Clearly, the small print of that pledge card -- "believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, ... to be sexually pure until the day I enter marriage" -- reads, "But I'll blow the multitudes. And let them knock at the back door -- because that's what good virgins do." See, it always pays to read the small print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home