Friday, January 06, 2006

"I'm Bacon's Bitch! I'm Bacon's Bitch!" You'll Shout

I was giving a bacon seminar, in Aspen at the Food & Wine Classic with Peter Kasperski, restaurant impresario/genius/go-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-to-make-customers-happy flavor stud/owner of cowboy ciao, Sea Saw and Kazimierz Wine Bar, all in Scottsdale, AZ, when the subject of using bacon in cooking came up. Peter, in his very droll way, mentioned he made a dessert using bacon and then said it: blueberry bread pudding with brown sugar streusel, maple custard sauce, bacon ice cream, bacon/pecan brittle and maple syrup. I swear on my honor, the whole room burst into applause and a standing ovation microseconds after Peter finished. It was as if Allen Ginsberg had just read Howl or Bob Dylan had just played electric for the first time. I became fixated on the Bacon Brittle and had to have it for my catalog. If you or someone you know claim to love bacon, you must try this. It will shake the earth you walk on. One bite and you’ll shake and dance and involuntarily yell out: “Yeah baby, Yeah Baby, Yeah!

And before you'll know it, you'll be spanking your ass and screaming, "Who's yo' daddy? Who's yo' daddy?" although, admittedly, that might just be a personal reaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home