Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Yeah, but If You Really Wanted to Be Helpful, You'd Pick Out My Clothes, Re-Design My House, and Cook Me Dinner

You are a heterosexual man....But your girlfriend/wife/common-law/female or whoever loves that adorable Jake Gyllenhaal has already stated her intentions. When it’s her turn to pick the Saturday night date-movie, you’re seeing “Brokeback Mountain.”

“But I am a heterosexual man,” you’re thinking, “very, very, very, very straight.” And you’re kind of freaking out as the release date quickly approaches — and even the expression “release date” is making you kind of jittery. You’re hoping to remind your female life partner that, while you feel gay people are very wonderful, colorful, witty additions to the human population and that Ellen sure is fun to watch dance in the credit card commercial and that Tom Hanks really deserved that Academy Award for whatever that movie was where he died at the end, that you are very, very, very, very straight and that it should exempt you from seeing Adorable Jake…um… do “it” with Heath Ledger. ...

And yet, you’re still going to see it whether you like it or not. This necessarily presents a dilemma: how to make her happy and endure your first gay-themed movie where guys actually make out on a very big screen right in front of your face? And that’s where I come in. I’m a red-blooded American male homosexual movie critic who’s already seen “Brokeback Mountain.” And I could just tell you how great the film is, that it’s really powerful and moving and all that, but that isn’t what you want to hear. So I have some viewing tips for you, my straight brothers. I promise I’m only here to help…

6. Anne Hathaway, who plays AJ’s wife, gets topless.


All right: Gay me up. I'm going in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Circa Bellum said...

wasn't she the secretary on the Beverly Hillbillies?

6:03 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

No, that was Miss Jane Hathaway, and if she were topless (and alive) and I saw her on exposed on the big screen, you could really gay me up, because I'm pretty sure I'd lose all interest in sex and the female form after that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to gouge out my mind's eyes. The image of a nude Nancy Culp is burned there.

Thanks, C.B.!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home