Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whacha' Gon' Do? . . . Whoa! Okay, I'll Be Good"


Don't expect to see the Yakima Police Department's newest vehicle — an armored personnel carrier on rubber wheels — rolling around town every day.

SWAT team members say the latest addition to their arsenal is nothing for folks to be afraid of, but it should come in handy when they need it.

The light armored vehicle is designed for use by military troops in urban assault missions.

Police say that it will be used by the SWAT team primarily for rescuing civilians and officers during high-risk situations. For example, it was used for the first time about a month ago when the Yakima team responded to a standoff with an armed domestic violence suspect outside of Toppenish."


Despite the LA incident, where a Kevlar-ed and heavily-armed bank robber held the LAPD at bay for what seemed like forever, which they cited here to make a small town owning an armored personnel carrier seem reasonable, I suspect the majority of the time, the Yakima Police Department will be using it for stuff like this, punking drunks and rescuing kittens and what not.

I suspect there's also some vigilante appeal to owning it, too:

Homer (inspecting his squad): Alright, men. It's time to clean-up this town! (pause)
Skinner: Meaning what exactly?
Homer: You know, push people, make ourselves feel important. That kind of stuff.


I was going to make a snide comment about this being a waste of tax-payer money, too, but then I read that the damn thing was free, and . . .

Well, look. I'm the King of Swag. If someone offered me a free V-150, you can bet I'd take it.

Even if I could only afford to drive it once, I'd do it. I'd spray-paint "Hummers are for Pussies" on the side first, and then I'd drive it through some yuppie breeding ground, like Microsoft's campus, and make a lot of overcompensating Masters of the Universe's penises go turtle and shrink back into into their torsos.

Because that's how I roll.

God speed, Yakima PD. God speed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Biff Loman said...

And if any photographs of me existed, I'd send you one.

Thanks, C.B.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home