Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"If You Were to Lick My Heart, You Would Die from the Poison" -- Anon (because I Forgot)

A four-story building on Manhattan's Upper East Side collapsed into a pile of rubble Monday after a thunderous explosion that hurled fireballs skyward and left an upscale block littered with bricks, broken glass and splintered wood.

Authorities said the blast was caused by gas, and they were investigating whether it was the result of a suicide attempt by the building's owner, a doctor who was going through a bitter divorce. The doctor, Nicholas Bartha, 66, and a passer-by were severely hurt; at least 13 other people had minor injuries.

Bartha recently sent out a rambling e-mail to his wife in which he contemplated suicide, a police official told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

'When you read this ... your life will change forever,' the e-mail read in part. 'You deserve it. You will be transformed from gold digger to ash and rubbish digger. You always wanted me to sell the house. I always told you I will leave the house only if I am dead
.'


To paraphrase Chris Rock, "I'm not saying he should've blown his house up, but I understand." But then, Bitter is my native tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home