Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mmm, Mango Sauce


I generally make a bleeding heart cake for our annual pumpkin carving party (Pumpkinfest). Sometimes the heart beats, sometimes it's anatomically correct, and so on and so forth. This year I decided to go the whole hog and make an entire thoracic cavity cake. The plan was for each organ to be made out of a different kind of cake and to secrete a different color of fluid when it was cut into. . . .

Heart - orange cake with raspberry sauce
Lungs - apple spice cake with strawberry sauce
Kidneys - orange cake with blueberry sauce
Stomach - ginger cake with mango sauce
Liver - chocolate cake with kiwi sauce
Small Intestine - jelly roll with red currant jelly


I maintain that the small intestines should have been filled with chocolate pudding, but, hey, rational people can disagree.

Her other creations are pretty cool, too.

5 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

You have a lot of time on your hands, huh?

5:12 PM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

Unfortunately, yes. And everyone has to suffer because I do. I can't say, "I'm sorry" enough.

5:41 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

It's okay Bill, this is something I have come to expect from you, a strange and complex man.

Hell, I do the same thing when I run into something that makes my eyeballs pop out.

8:17 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

Bill?

1:47 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

I am called many things, Bill, being one of the nicest.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home