Friday, November 16, 2007

“I've Got My Head So Far Up Big Business's Ass, the World Looks Like a Colon – Denny Crane


This post is dedicated to the genius that is William Shatner. Trust me, after Star Trek IV, The one with the Whales, I never thought I would be extolling the acting prowess of what I thought would be the always wooden and jaggedy dialogue of the Shat’. But as I fly towards his birthplace of Montreal, I am feeling wistful for my fellow Canadian. Sure, he barely spends any time here, but I did see him eat a gigantic corned beef sandwich in a deli near his old home while watching some Shatner special on the CBC. …

It does help that this character dressed quite a bit like Canadian icon Don Cherry. I like to think of it as an homage. If it was 40 years ago and I was a hot green alien chick I would totally tap the Shat’. I say cheers to Bill and the Emmy in 2005, and cheers to Denny Crane, his mad cow, raging sexual appetite for a senior citizen, and his twinkle defense of merely mentioning his name. Denny Crane.


I've mentioned my man-crush on him before, so it should go without saying. I'm going to say it, anyway. I would totally tap that Shat—totally. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Why? What have you heard?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home