Wednesday, January 23, 2008

“Okay, Which One of You Made the Family Circus Comic about ‘Pube Cake?’” “ Ida Know. Not Me.



“Every wise cartoonist knows never to quibble with their editor! Especially if you're married to the bitch! But seriously, my wife, Mommy, never lets me have any fun. People often ask me, ‘hey, Bil, what happened to the other ‘L’ at the end of your name?’ After I've had a few drinks I tell 'em Mommy stuck it up her ass on our wedding night and it's been there ever since! Anyway, this special edition contains a few of my favoirte panels that Mommy and our lawyers don't want anyone to see. Well, they can suck my withered, old, flaccid cock…and best of all…so can you!” –Bil Keane

Every so often, I am able to forget the treacle passing for comedy in the Family Circus, which might be the least funny collection of squiggles and pablum ever described as a comic strip. Then, someone will leave a newspaper open to the comics page and I'll get a loving, nuclear family facial courtesy of Daddy, Mommy, Jeffy, Billy, Dolly, P.J. and their shenanigans. Oh joy!

So when someone returns the favor by parodying them, I don't worry about the humor going too far. I just link to them. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home