Friday, December 19, 2008

“When Will It Be Our Time?”


Wanda Sykes: Me, I'm for gay marriage. But I don't like that I have to say that because to me, it shouldn't even have to be debated. It shouldn't be in the court system. Government shouldn't be involved in this, because it's very simple: if you don't believe in same-sex marriage, then don't marry somebody of the same sex.

I don't understand people all up in arms over shit that don't affect them. Really, you know, I'm only going to protest and march and get involved in shit that affects me. Look, if they said, “Hey, we're going to ban the sell of alcohol after 9:00 p.m.…”

[Pantomimes marching in protest]
“THIS IS BULLSHIT!”

I'll start the Million Alcoholics March.…

I don't understand it. How does someone else's marriage affect your marriage? …

What is the fear? What are people afraid of, that gay marriage will be better than your marriage? Is it something like

“Look at them happy-ass gays.”

Afraid your wife will nag you like

Wife: Honey, Honey, look at Bill and Ted. Oh my god, I love those guys. They sit on that porch for hours and talk. And I run into them all the time at the mall. And I see them shopping. I mean, they spend a lot of quality time together. I wish we could do that. I wish we could be a little bit more like Bill and Ted.

Husband: Really? (Pause) Well, maybe, if you let me fuck you in your ass a couple of times… That could be me and you right there, baby. We could have that.

– And Scene –


This is one of my favorite bits from her last special. It's particularly poignant now that she's come out of the closet.

What I found funny today, though, is that now that Wanda is openly gay, the ads on her videos now cater to gay and lesbian viewers—lesbians especially. For example, this one was showing when I watched the above on YouTube.

That's just sad. I mean, I can browse the pictures, but they won't help me meet my match. And it's killing me inside.

When will this discrimination end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home