Sunday, August 29, 2004

"And the Colored Bloggers Say, 'Doo Do Doo Do Doo Do Do Doo'

I am a big Andy Warhol fan, a bigger Lou Reed fan, and the biggest Velvet Underground fan. That's probably why I love this so much.

Even if you're none of those things, you'll enjoy the link. It has this, a Walk on the Wild Side link, that takes you to a lyrics sheet with slang translations, which are a hoot. (My favorite: "colored: African-American. Acceptable at the time the song was written but now considered impolite.")

Go on. Get out of here. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger mai said...

Wow! Lou Reed too? You ARE a soul sibling.

I should have read the translation when I was younger it would have saved me a lot of thinking as I kept trying to understand what the lyrics meant.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

It does appear that way, Soul Sister.

; )

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home