Thursday, December 23, 2004

If You Believe, Pray for Us. If You Don't, Pray for Us, Anyway. It Costs You Nothing, and We Could Us the Help

"These people need tough love," [Rev. Oliver S.]Robinson said.I don't feel comfortable with it. God don't get no pleasure punishing us. But he does it. Jesus would have done the same thing."


Really? Jesus would have been spiteful and petty? Good to know. It breaks my heart that a man of God believes that, but it makes me feel better about sleeping in on Sundays.

I just wish that could offset the shame I feel about this happening in my home state.

As you've probably noticed from previous posts, North Carolina has its share of idiots. No, North Carolina has more than its share of idiots. In fact, if your state is missing its share of lip diddlers, North Carolina probably has them. (They heard the call and returned to the mothership. You can take their faces off the milk cartons, now that you know.) I wish that weren't the case.

The only bright spot in this is that when prompted to cast herself as Mary in the Christmas story, Valan Garland, the pregnant woman booted from the homeless shelter, balked. Yeah, that's nothing, but when you live here, you take what you can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home