Monday, December 12, 2005

"Ain't We Lucky We Got 'em: Good Times"

Six blocks up the Avenue, we lived in a homey little dump populated by wife beaters, a disproportionately high number of mental defectives and a sullen, crabbed Dominican super who we alternately referred to as Useless Pepe or Pablo the Fuckass.


The creative naming of the supers in that post reminds me. Back when I was young and the Earth was still unformed, back in the Golden Days of Capitalist Exploitation of Labor, I, being the lowly possessor of a bachelor's degree in the liberal arts, was left to beg for jobs the classics and social work majors found demeaning. Fortunately, I wasn't the only monkey dancing on the end of the economic organ grinder's leash. No, the Law Guy (before he was the Law Guy) was with me. And because of our place on the food chain -- plankton -- we found ourselves living in some interesting places. (I rented a room from an Amway sales guru.) Anyway, what I am reminded of by the above is that The Law Guy once named a super "KBS-One," a take on the rapper KRS-One's famous name. (I said the Earth was still unformed: Pay attention, for god's sake.)

I don't know what KRS stands for, but back in those days, KBS stood for "King Bull Shit," which should tell you all you need to know about The Law Guy's opinion of the guy. That was a long time ago, but something tells me that guy's still the king.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home