Thursday, December 08, 2005

They Got Retarded Now. They Got Retarded in Here

There occasionally comes a track, the awesome force of which requires not so much that it be reviewed as simply reacted to. A track of colossal proportions, something that shakes the foundations of the musical idiom and forces us to reevaluate everything that has come before and after it, a single track that resounds through all spheres of music, art, and, indeed, the way we live our lives. There is just such a song on the airwaves right now, and its awesome force is violating the fabric of reality. I’m speaking, of course, about the Black Eyed Peas’ “My Humps.”

To simply note that this track (I’ll not call it a song, for reasons elaborated later) is a soulless fucking godawful piss-chugging fetus-eating abomination is too little, too late.


I'm sort of sorry I've never heard this -- for lack of a better word -- song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home