Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Little Antsy, Part II

“I had no idea (Homeland Security) would open personal letters,” Goodman told MSNBC.com in a phone interview. “That’s why I alerted the media. I thought it should be known publicly that this is going on,” he said....

“I was shocked and there was a certain degree of disbelief in the beginning,” Goodman said when he noticed the letter had been tampered with, adding that he felt his privacy had been invaded....

The letter comes from a retired Filipino history professor.... And although the Philippines is on the U.S. government’s radar screen as a potential spawning ground for Muslim-related terrorism, Goodman said his friend is a devout Catholic and not given to supporting such causes.

A spokesman for the Customs and Border Protection division said he couldn’t speak directly to Goodman’s case but acknowledged that the agency can, will and does open mail coming to U.S. citizens that originates from a foreign country whenever it’s deemed necessary.


I had Thai yesterday, prepared by a staff whose naturalization status I can't vouch for. I hope that doesn't draw attention, that there isn't a law or memorandum that gives the Department of Homeland Security the authority to climb into my colon to check my dinner for suspicious content.

If there is and they want to investigate me, they'd better hurry. If I know my four-alarm red curries -- and I do -- the evidence isn't going to be in stow for long.

I also hope the bring a variety of tapes. Green is soooooo not a good color for my anus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home