Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"I'm a Soldier in the Army of the Lord. . . "


Jet came up with the idea of the Fat Kreme Combo back when the Fatburger opened its doors in the strip mall down the hill, across from Krispy Kreme. It was a lot more innocuous then, and only involved hitting the donuts directly after the burgers. We should have just done it, because that might have squelched the whole concept before it was allowed to morph into what it did.
y: “Wait, what?”
j: “Take the buns off of a Fatburger and replace them with Krispy Kreme glazed originals.
y: “You’ve got to be kidding me.”


I pulled away from God's embrace when I was fairly young. If memory serves, it was just after someone tried to explain to me that the death of the sweetest, most innocent person I knew at the time was part of some Divine plan. I didn't know much about religion, then. I still don't. But I knew bullshit when I heard it. So I turned away from the church, haven't missed it, nor seen any signs of the Divine in the world since.

Till now. The Fat Kreme: There's no way that came from the mind of man alone.

So, lord, I'm back. Are Sundays good for you?

3 Comments:

Blogger giornalista said...

Both my liver and pancreas exploded just from looking upon this most abominable of munchies.

You, kind sir, have now given my life a purpose: to savour this gut-busting delicacy, if it's the last thing I do (and somehow, I have a feeling it will be the last thing I do...)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

We, here, at The Truth*, certainly don't condone this kind of reckless action, but if you're going to do it anyway, . . .

Get a jelly doughnut. Cut it in half and use the innards as a condiment for your french fries.

Because you're going to get fries. You don't order a Fat Kreme and then respond when asked if you want fries with it, "No, I'm eating healthfully today."

No one in the emergency room is going to say, "Merde! We could have saved him if he hadn't had the fries -- if he hadn't had the fries! Damn you, Idaho! Damn you to hell!"

10:12 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

Onion rings would probably do, as well.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home