Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sex ID: Find Out How Your Mind Works


Some researchers say that men can have 'women's brains' and that women can think more like men.

Find out more about 'brain sex' differences by taking the Sex ID test, a series of visual challenges and questions used by psychologists in the BBC One television series Secrets of the Sexes:

The eyes task analyses your ability to empathise. In other words, how in touch you are with other people's emotions

Out of 10 pairs of eyes, you matched 8 with the correct mood.

Women are said to outperform men in this task because they tend to be more sensitive to facial expressions. They are generally better at discerning someone's mood just by looking at their eyes. Studies of children's behaviour have shown that on average girls make more eye contact than boys.

If you scored 7 - 10: Your result suggests you are a good empathiser, sensitive to other people's emotions. Women generally fall into this category.


Yeah, it's true. I'm a chick. In almost every category, I ended up lumped in with the women.

I'd have it no other way.

1 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

I was all over the place with this test. Perhaps my general skepticism played a role.
While I did learn that the right side of my brain is dominant, I also learned that I was not all that good at empathizing, and I scored huge on the "words" part of the test.
The last two are no big surprise to my loved ones.
All in all, it was discovered that I prefer more masculine faces, am good at systemizing and I have a balanced female-male brain.

Quite interesting all the way around.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home