Friday, December 08, 2006

Sly Stallone Speaks, Well, Okay, Slurs. No, Wait. He Answers Your Questions. That's Right

3. As one of the best action stars of the 1980's early 90's, how do you feel about all the other action stars of the era coming back to give "one last hurrah" to some of the films that sky-rocketed their careers? (i.e. Schwarzenegger - Terminator 3, Bruce Willis - Die Hard 4, Harrison Ford - Indy 4, Eddie Murphy – Beverly Hills Cop IV and you yourself - Rocky Balboa and Rambo 4). Do modern day action stars struggle to live up to the entertainment of the "good ol' days"?

Brandon Chisholm
-Chicago


Slyvester Stallone replies:

I think it’s pretty dangerous for action heroes to try and push it. I realize I am already on very thin ice and don’t recommend my two friends Bruce and Arnold to do it unless they had this overwhelming, gigantic ego-tick crawling away inside of them to finish this series on a certain note. I think there’s a big difference between the modern day action dud compared to the latter day action crud. Whenever a dud confronts a crud, bad things happen. But all I can say is… take the top five action guys and line them up against the old school action guys and what you’ll have is five young action guys wearing toenail polish and answering to the name “Bitch.”


If only his movies were that good, . . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

As one of the best action stars of the 1980's early 90's. . .

I can see that Brandon leads a very sheltered life.

. . . and I was around in the 80s and 90s and I don't remember Stallone ever having any hits. That he considers himself an action hero cracks me up.

But then again I never watch action movies, so what do I know?

9:48 PM  
Blogger LeeSee said...

Hey, so why does Stallone looks so puffy and odd? Is it age? The ravages of sin? Genetics?

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home