Thursday, March 01, 2007

For National Pig Day, I'm Going to Make You Squeal Like a Pig (with a Shout-Out to Ned Beatty)


Amanda Kelso was a 12-year veteran of vegetarianism when she went AWOL. She blames pork. 'Bacon was a temptress to me,' she says in her 30 Days of Pork series on photo-sharing site Flickr.

Ms. Kelso, a 34-year-old executive producer for an interactive ad agency in San Francisco, became a vegetarian while living with a vegan boyfriend. . . .

In October, she broke her fast from meat with a breakfast of bacon and French toast with her current boyfriend, who, conveniently, is not a vegetarian. But, Ms. Kelso said, if she was going to embrace meat again she wanted to make an occasion of it, and so she came up with the 30 Days of Pork project . . .

As a native North Carolinian, I have a special affinity for the hog. I'm sure that has something to do it with this, just like I'm sure not having any barbecue in nearly a year does.

Whatever, the thought of a woman eating 30 days of pork is giving me naughty, un-Baptist thoughts and a plumping beneath my bible belt. (Is it me, or does she have a purty mouff?)

Damn, now, I'm not going to get any work done today.

4 Comments:

Blogger LeeSee said...

I'm with you Biff, I also have an affinity for the "Hogs".

Four legged and two legged as well.

5:48 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

I'm with Jules Winnfield on this one. I simply don't dig on swine. So I say, go for it, just keep them damn greasy fingers away from me. . . unless. . . well, nevermind.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Circa Bellum said...

does someone need some southern bbq fed-exed to them? Huhhhhh?

6:30 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

C.B., everyone needs some southern bbq fed-exed to them, so I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question.

Real questions are of this variety: "Do you want potato salad or cole slaw with that? hush puppies, corn bread, or biscuits? collard greens or string beans? mac-n-cheese or baked beans? banana puddin' or pecan pie?

The answer, of course, is "Yes, I do. I wouldn't say, no, to watermelon pickles or pickled beets while I was waiting. If you've got some home-made pork rinds just sitting around, you might as well bagged them up, as well. I mean, if it'll help you out."

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home