Monday, June 11, 2007

"Okay, Madam Ovary, That's It. Now, Put the Titty on the Table, and Back Slowly Away. Okay, Let's Try This Again.


Ever since I went to France to learn french ten years ago, I changed from a cheese-hater into a cheese-lover. How could I not! Everyday for three weeks my host parents (Les Delforges de Reims) indulged me with french food, and closed the lengthy dinner session (which can last up to two hours) with a plate of various cheese, consisted of different kinds of cheese, from Camembert, Brie, swiss cheese which has holes in it, blue cheese, smelly cheese, etc. It was quite challenging, but if I want to learn about the french, I gotta eat what they eat. . . .

[I]t's undeniable that in order to love cheese you need to develop an acquired taste.

I also attempted to make cheese, which has been successful for several times. I made the easiest type of cheese, which is Paneer a.k.a. Cottage Cheese. This type of cheese is then cooked as curry or whatever indian food, and has a consistency similar to Tofu. . . .

It was pretty easy to make paneer actually. What you need is just milk and lemon juice. In short, just boil the milk, then add lemon juice, and VOILA! The milk separates into curd and whey. Gather the curd and press to make it more solid. There you have paneer. In the meantime, you can use the whey to cook rice, it actually tastes really delicious. You can find step-by-step instruction on making Paneer here, with pictures too.

My extensive experience in making Paneer compelled me to try something different, that is, making Paneer out of my own breastmilk.

No offense, but I think I'll wait for Kraft to come out with the American Breast Milk slices.

2 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

No offense, but I think I'll wait for Kraft to come out with the American Breast Milk slices.

Good move. You'd be milking till the cows came home and still be empty-handed.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

Well, I wouldn't say "empty-handed."

Besides, sometimes, the milking's the thing.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home