Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Damn, Coal Again


To everyone celebrating the holiday, I wish you peace and renewed faith from the remembrance that Christ is born. And I hope you find strength in the knowledge that He lives and works through you everyday. (Or whatever the holiday is about. It's been awhile since I've been to Sunday School and I missed the Peanuts Christmas special this year.)

For the rest of you, I hope there's great food and wine and soft fleshy pleasures aplenty where you are, and I hope that you will take a moment from your agnostic and atheistic self-righteousness long enough to remember that if it weren't for the faith and political pull of our Christian brothers and sisters, you wouldn't have nearly the number of days off that you do; and that without their cultural dominance and influence, Christmas season would be just another Monday-off holiday, like Flag Day.

And we all know how much Flag Day sucks.

So try to remember that this holiday season.

Finally, to my Jewish friends, I can only say this: Whatever slight you feel your holiday gets this time of year, you can rest peacefully and smugly in the certain knowledge that things could be worse. You could be celebrating Kwanzaa. That you aren't is at least one sign that you are the god of Abraham's chosen people and that he loves you very, very much. (Or, at least, more than he does black people.)

The point is, whatever you celebrate, happy holidays! Peace and blessings to you and yours.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeeSee said...

Merry Christmas to you wild thing.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home