Friday, October 10, 2008

“Isoke? It Means ‘Hairy,’which Will Become Evident when I Show You My Lempopo”
















DRINK FOR CHANGE



WHAT: A party and fundraiser supporting the Obama/Biden campaign

WHEN: Tuesday Oct 21st from 7pm-10pm

WHERE: The Ballroom at 456 36th Ave N in Fremont

We're putting the FUN in fundraising with a night of drinking, playing, and winning in support of Barack Obama. This is a great chance to donate or just blow off some steam with friends and fellow Obama/Biden supporters.

  • DRINK! Complementary pints of Fat Tire Amber Ale. Two per guest while supplies last.

  • PLAY! Half-price pool, Nintendo Wii bowling, and Trivia all night long.

  • WIN! Door prizes, trivia prizes, and "Bowl Obama's score" contest.

  • Plus pizza, drink specials, and high definition TVs if there's a game that night.


  • Suggested donation is $20. There will be forms available for contributing during the party or donate now using the button on the right. Give what you can. All are welcome. Twenty-one and over.


    Ahhh. That's so sweet. They think they can drink for change, guzzle their way to a better day. Isn't that darling? It's cuter than home-made shoes. I think I might barf a box of kittens, or piss a rainbow, smile, or whatever it is you adorable optimists do when the sun shines your blood into treacle.

    Gosh darn it, haven't those kids considered for one minute that if drinking made it so, my friends and I would have drunk us all into a perfect Biff-topia by now? That they haven't is so tooth-achingly sweet I think… No, I… Yep, I did. I just shit a marshmallow. (It sprouted little wings and turned into a Peep. Ahh.)

    What's that you say? “Does that mean I'm not going?” No, it doesn't. One, it's not my job to step on dreams. Life does that just fine without any help. Two, there will be drunk idealists in a mood for revelry. Who in his right mind would pass up that. So, yeah, I'm going. I'm going to have a couple of ales, and then I, Isoke Obama, am going to share amazing and heart-warming tales of growing up with my brother Barack with every attractive, young do-gooder that gives me a chance. You should come.

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Finster's Mom said...

    "One, it's not my job to step on dreams." Um, I thought that was your job and you are extremely good at it.

    9:01 AM  
    Blogger Biff Loman said...

    Why, thank you for noticing, but it's not my job, FM; it's my calling. Please don't sully it with suggestions that I would accept money to do it.

    That would anger my god.

    11:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home