Thursday, October 15, 2009

And Now Arguing for the Pro Side of the Argument, Jungle Fever Sufferer* Strom Thurmond. What's Wrong, Strom. Death Got Your Tongue?


A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

“I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way,” Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. “I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else.”…

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

“There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage,” Bardwell said. “I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it.”

The president of the United States was unavailable for comment.


* Oh, Strommy, you devil!

3 Comments:

Blogger Finster's Mom said...

Do you really think Stommy would let them "use my bathroom"?? Biff, you give him too much credit.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

More like distracted. After reading about his “piles and piles” of black friends, I couldn't stop thinking about what that meant. It sounded like he was stacking them in the backyard, like cords of wood, Abu Ghraib style, but I couldn't figure out whether they were still alive or not. Most black people wouldn't be caught dead or alive with a guy like this, so it's a real puzzler. As you are too well aware, I don't have a lot of brain power. I need to bring my full resources to bear on the simplest things, like tying my shoe, so freely admit I may not have been thinking too clearly on the Strommy issue.

Hey, my bad.

12:44 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

I like the picture.
A lot.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home