Thursday, June 23, 2005

What I'm Reading

"A SORCERER?" said Gwendolyn, one of the few times I told her this tale. "Just because she ate your candy bar? My mom guzzled rye and beat us. My uncle put his dick in my armpit while I slept. My cousin hid my college acceptance letter until it was too late to reply. Your mother ate your candy bar?"

"It's symbolic."

"That's what people say when they know they've come with the weak shit."

"Fuck you," I said.

"Excuse me?"

"I said fuck you," I said. "I've been meaning to say it for a long time. I just couldn't find the right words."


That certainly isn't true of the author, Sam Lipsyte -- my new hero (assuming, of course, men my age are allowed heroes) -- and the author of the above. He's got just the right word for everything.

And I'm enjoying reading them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home