Sunday, April 23, 2006

Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare!

I was trying to find the appropriate quote. To honor the man, I wanted to post something that symbolized everything that makes his writing timeless. But since my collection of poems and plays is still in storage, I had to settle for this, which I found in my chapbook (oh, yeah, like you don't keep one):
You taught me language, and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse
. -- The Tempest


My college Shakespeare professor is rolling over in his grave now. Or, at least, I hope he is. (That was an A paper, you hack!)

So happy birthday, Billie! Despite the best efforts of my teacher, referred to hereafter as The Throbbing Boil Festering on the Ass of English Literature (or Professor Dessen, for short), I still love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home