Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm Tired of All the BUSHit"

A woman who was ticketed for having an obscene anti-Bush bumper sticker filed a lawsuit in federal court Monday against a county in the state of Georgia and its officials.

Denise Grier, 47, of Athens, Georgia, got a $100 ticket in March after a DeKalb County police officer spotted the bumper sticker, which read "I'm Tired Of All The BUSH**."

A DeKalb judge threw out the ticket in April because the state's lewd decal law that formed the basis for the ticket was ruled unconstitutional in 1990.


No word, yet, as to whether the fine for failing to tie her Toyota to the hitching post will stand.

3 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

I only ever got flack from one bumper sticker, it read: "Custer deserved it."

When I'd laugh at their outrage, they'd go away.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

Geez, Reenee. And I thought my "Sorry I missed church on Sunday but I was too busy worshipping Satan & practicing lesbianism” bumper sticker pissed people off.

No one ever says anything about "Humpty Dumpty was Pushed!"

8:05 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

I think it angered the huddled masses due to my ethnic appearance.

Dunno.

Oh yeah, I lived in Montana at the time.

My own foray into religious bumper stickers said: "I survived Catholic school."

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home