Friday, December 22, 2006

All of a Sudden, I Feel a Need to Make a Doctor's Appointment

A Melbourne doctor and former Cleo Bachelor of the Year nominee who made sexual comments to his patient during a pap smear is to be counselled on how to talk to women.

Richard Young may continue to practice medicine but was formally reprimanded and cautioned today by the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria.

The board found Dr Young acted unprofessionally by digitally penetrating the woman in a way that was not medically required during the test.

Also, while examining her, Dr Young told his patient: “holy mackerel, you are small”.

He then said: “you're really small, which is great for – “ at which point she cut him off by saying “not too good for having a baby”.


Let me get this right: The board found Dr Young acted unprofessionally by digitally penetrating the woman in a way that was not medically required during the test? Unprofessionally? How about "criminally?"

I'm no Matlock, but I'm pretty sure if while listening to my heart's irregular heartbeat during a routine checkup, my doctor penetrated me and began massaging my prostate -- and not in that good way that I like, because, really, what's the chance she would know how to do that off-hand -- that that would amount to a sexual assault. So how can this guy get away with digitally penetrating his patient for no medical reason whatsoever?

And great googlely mooglely! Can you imagine having a female doctor say during a hernia exam, "Turn your head and c____? Holy crap, are you small?! Really, really small, which is good for. . . I've got nothing. What could a penis that small be good for? Seriously, could you tell me? Because the size . . . No offense, but I've seen bigger clitorises." I imagine the guy would commit sepuku with a tongue depressor.

But I might be projecting.

5 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

The board found Dr Young acted unprofessionally by digitally penetrating the woman in a way that was not medically required during the test?

As a rule, doctors will not turn on other doctors. The doctor in question has to do something to make all of them look bad for that to happen.

Need I mention how dangerous this is?

10:47 PM  
Blogger LeeSee said...

First of all getting a pap smear has to be one of the low points of a womans many a varied tasks.

Now here is a bozo sticking a finger where no finger should go, perhaps if we cut off his finger he will realize the gigantic mistake he has just made.

Of course this will never happen because doctors are considered Gods, funny huh?

11:46 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

Of course this will never happen because doctors are considered Gods, funny huh?

Naturally we both know that this is not true by a long shot.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

Is this the former nurse speaking or the relative of less than Divine practicing physician?

10:55 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

Both, Biff.
As a former nurse, and sister (sibling not penguin), my vision remains clear.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home