Friday, December 22, 2006

I Know: It's a Cheap Shot, but I'm Entitled to One Every Now and Then


Former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, remembered for her sexual relationship with former President Bill Clinton, has received a Master's of Science degree in Social Psychology from the London School of Economics, her publicist has announced. . . .

"When Lewinsky walked across the stage to receive her degree and to shake hands with Sir Howard Davies, Director of LSE, the audience of students and parents erupted in spontaneous applause," said publicist Barbara Hutson's statement.


Hutson left out that 90% of the male professors in Lewinsky's discipline shifted nervously in their seats after hearing an audience member say in a stage whisper, "I wonder who she had to blow to get that degree." Nor did she mention that 10-20% of the female professoriate did the same.

5 Comments:

Blogger LeeSee said...

Some women unfortunately have had to "blow" on many occassions, luckily I have not had to labor in the "trenches" so to speak.

"Blowing" should always be a choice and never an expectation.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

"Blowing" should always be a choice and never an expectation.

I agree, never an expectation or an enticement or a requirement for professional advancement or a reward or anything other than the sheer pleasure of the blowing. But if we're going to have blows exchanged for things other than the pleasure of blowing, can we at least have a few unfair power relationships that favor me.

My blow hole is tired of doing all the work.

9:01 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

As far as I'm concerned, I can figure out in the first few moments of meeting someone if I will ever choose to do it, and if I have chosen to not do it, then the other person in the room had better lower his expectations dramatically.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

I can figure out in the first few moments of meeting someone if I'm going to "labor in the trench," too.

That the result of my ciphering is unfailingly, Yes, should not in any lead you to believe that I'm a dissolute man of ill repute whose sexual bar teeters precariously on the lowest rung of the pleasure hurdle. No, as it turns out, nothing could be further from the truth. What I am is a slut -- and a cheap one.

Even though my Baptist upbringing tells me I shouldn't be, I'm cool with that.

10:50 PM  
Blogger reenee said...

...and, in most instances, "Ms. Slut" is preferred.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home