Thursday, April 26, 2007

I've Done That. Mind You, I Didn't Know I Was Practicing Medicine at the Time



This week in the Dilbert comic, Alice discovers she has a bad case of chair butt. United Media, the company that syndicates Dilbert, rejected the first version I submitted. It looked like this (see above). . .

My editors thought the pose looked too provocative. They requested I redraw Alice in less of a “mount me” position. I argued that in the context of a medical exam, no one would interpret her pose as sexual. This argument did not carry the day. So I went back to the drawing board with the instructions to make it look “more medical.”

At this point in the story I should pause to confess I did not attend medical school. I don’t know exactly how a trained physician would examine a patient for signs of chair butt. So I took an educated guess and resubmitted the comic. Here’s a peek.




What doctor says: "Yep, that's chair butt, all right. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times."

What It Sounds Like: "Mmm, mmmm'm mmmmm mmmm, mmm mmmmm. Mm M'mm mmmm mm mmmm, M'mm mmmm mm m mmmmmmmm mmmmm."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home