Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Disagree with Hitchens on a Great Many Things. This Isn't One of Them


HITCHENS: The empty life of this ugly little charlatan proves only one thing: that you can get away with the most extraordinary offenses to morality and to truth in this country if you will just get yourself called Reverend.

Who would, even at your network, have invited on such a little toad to tell us that the attacks of September the 11th were the result of our sinfulness and were God's punishment if they hadn't got some kind of clerical qualification?

People like that should be out in the street, shouting and hollering with a cardboard sign and selling pencils from a cup. . . .

I think he woke up every morning, pinching his chubby, little flanks, and thinking I've got away with it again.

Despite that, my favorite quote is this one, which is a response to Anderson Cooper's first question, "I'm not sure you believe in a Heaven, but if you do, do you think Jerry Falwell is in it?":

"No, and I think it's a pity there isn't a hell for him to burn in."

Amen, brother.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeeSee said...

I'm afraid I must stand in solidarity with Mr. Hitchens on this one too.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home