Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ferraro Is the New “Scooter”



“I'm on Hillary's finance committee. I've done a fundraiser for her here at my firm. And I went and worked the phone banks before Super Tuesday. I have to tell you, this is a very emotional campaign for me,” Ferraro said.

When the subject turned to Obama, Clinton's rival for the Democratic Party nomination, Ferraro's comments took on a decidedly bitter edge.

“I think what America feels about a woman becoming president takes a very secondary place to Obama's campaign — to a kind of campaign that it would be hard for anyone to run against,” she said. “For one thing, you have the press, which has been uniquely hard on her. It's been a very sexist media. Some just don't like her. The others have gotten caught up in the Obama campaign.

“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position,” she continued. “And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.”

Because if there's one thing this country loves, it's black men.

1 Comments:

Blogger LeeSee said...

We can't worry about what America thinks about black men, Latinas or even the Chinese.
It's too late for "you know who", this country belongs to us now.
And that's that.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home