Saturday, July 22, 2006

The State of the Union Address

Fanfare!

It's my second anniversary of maintaining this blog. Who would've guessed back in 2004 that two years later I'd still have so much time on my hands? (If I could feel shame, this, I imagine, would be an appropriate moment for it.)

Thanks to everyone on the Blog Roll for visiting regularly and for showing me what real blogs look like (bastards).

Special shout out to Mai, C.B. and Law Guy, for reading from the beginning (and Giornalistica for sticking with The Truth for so long). Somehow, I haven't managed to scare them away. (That's another milestone: my first Shout Out. I'd always thought it would be to "all the fine ladies in the house" -- and that it would be at my acceptance dinner for the Nobel Prize Peace Prize. What are you gonna' do?)

Anywoo, as is the tradition around here, on the anniversary of The Truth, I leave you with a link to the first ever post: "There's Typewriter Erotica and It's Giving Me the Vapors"

Actually, I won't. Because it's the second anniversary, I'm throwing in a bonus post from my first day of blogging, "She's Got Brass Ovaries, My Friend."

When people ask me what my blog is about, I say it's a dialogue, or a call-and-response preached from the Internet, in which I express who I am through my reaction to what's going on in the world, and the World responds by leaving me comments like this:

"What a strange, complex man you seem to be."

Amen, and pass the Krystal.

3 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

¡Felicitaciones, Biff!!

That you are such a strange and complex man only adds to your...uh...charm, yeah, that's it.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Biff Loman said...

Thanks, Reenee. That's might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me since my own sainted mother uttered the words, "Shit. Another boy."

5:27 PM  
Blogger LeeSee said...

Congratulations on a job well done, your blog is truly a bright spot on the internet, I look forward to reading it everyday.

When I was born my mother said, cool, a girl, my fahter not so much.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home