Thursday, November 23, 2006

"And on This Day, I Am Most Thankful for These Kind and Caring Heathens with No Concept of Titled Land Who Have Surely Saved Our Lives"


Les: "Then, Mr. Carlson had the helicopter land in the middle of the parking lot. I guess he thought he could save the day by turning the rest of the turkeys loose. It gets pretty strange after that."

Venus: "Now, it gets strange."

Andy: "Yeah, right. Damn it, Les, come on. Tell us the rest."

Les: "I really don't know how to describe it. It was like the turkeys mounted a counter-attack. It was almost as if they were. . .organized."

Mr. Carlson: "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."


I know everyone is linking to this, but I'm going to link to it, too, anyway. It deserves it. WKRP was one of the funniest shows to ever not find an audience, and this pretty much captures everything that made it unique.

Enjoy the day, everyone. Since I couldn't go home this year, I won't be able to smile as my relatives tell how wonderful their lives are and laugh as my Aunt Bernice tells me all the less than wonderful parts. That's what I'm going to miss about the day: the traditions. Anyway, I'm eating with friends (the French Custard and Apple Tart I bought, I mean, made really looks good). I hope wherever you are, you get a chance to eat till you're sleepy and drink till you're passed out, but not before you watch a lot of football.

2 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

"...I Am Most Thankful for These Kind and Caring Heathens with No Concept of Titled Land Who Have Surely Saved Our Lives"

I'm willing to bet that they did not have the sense to admit this. . .

Anyways, this clip was from one of the best sitcoms ever. Thanks for the laugh.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Circa Bellum said...

oh yeah. That is one of, if not the defining moment in television comedy. I don't think I ever laughed as hard as when I watched it. Except maybe the first time i saw it, twenty years ago...

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home