Thursday, November 23, 2006

You'll Go Blind

British parents are as happy as ever to fib about Father Christmas. A poll for Reader’s Digest found that almost nine out of ten parents have passed on untruths.

The Top Ten white lies are:

1. Father Christmas

2. The Tooth Fairy

3. Crusts give you curly hair

4. Carrots help night vision

5. If the wind changes, your face will stay like that

6. The Easter Bunny

7. Babies are found under gooseberry bushes (or similar)

8. If you eat apple pips, they will grow in your tummy

9. Picking your nose causes your head to cave in or your nose to fall off

10. Lying does something unpleasant to your tongue.


I've always been fond of these:

* I'll turn this car around. If you don't believe me, just try me.

* Get me a beer, and I'll give you a taste.

* Pull my finger. I won't fart this time.

* Get good grades in school, and you can become anything.

* I never did that when I was your age.

* This is going to hurt me more than you.

* Him? Um, he's your "uncle."

* That was wonderful, honey. Play us another song.

* You'll grow into it.

* Gin helps settle my stomach.

* Daddy was just giving mommy a special hug.

1 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

Mom had lots of favorites, among them:

"You'll go straight to hell for lying."
"Say your prayers or the boogeyman will get you."
"If you get run over by a car, I'll kill you."
"I'm going to London to visit the queen."

I know there many more, but my brain just turned off.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home