Wednesday, January 10, 2007

McSweeney's: Comments on My Short Story I've Received From My Creative-Writing Classmates.

BY ROBERT HINDERLITER

- - - -

A hackneyed, masturbatory miscarriage of a story.

You have managed to coldly and persistently rape the English language for 17 pages. Congratulations.

The fact that this story exists is the ultimate argument against Creationism.

Your embarrassingly ineffectual and flaccid prose made me feel uncomfortable.

Wow. It reminds me of the comments I use to write on my students' philosophy term papers. Good times, good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

This smugly written tripe is an affront to the craft of writing and fails to meet even the most generous definition of adequacy.

I love this and plan to use it liberally when I critique everything that seems to land on my desk.

9:30 PM  
Blogger LeeSee said...

I like the second sentence better.

Although the one you put in the comments is pretty good too.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home