Saturday, January 13, 2007

Why You Shouldn't Read the Weather Forecast before Going to Bed


...TSUNAMI ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR THE WASHINGTON COAST...

AN EARTHQUAKE NEAR THE COAST OF JAPAN OCCURRED AT APPROXIMATELY 823 PM PST. AT THE PRESENT TIME NO WATCH OR WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED. REPEAT...NO WATCH OR WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE WEST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES. AT THIS TIME ONLY SMALL WAVE FLUCTUATIONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED AND THE DANGER OF ANY TSUNAMI IS STILL BEING EVALUATED. NOAA TIDE GAGES WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED CLOSELY OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL HOURS. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT EXPECTED WAVE HEIGHT AND TIMING OF ARRIVAL IS EXPECTED AT APPROXIMATELY 100 AM PST JANUARY 13 2007.

IT IS RECOMMENDED TO STAY AWAY FROM THE BEACH AND AVOID HARBORS AND BAYS ALONG THE COAST UNTIL 8 AM.

1 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

Since I'm on the California coast, I'm happy I didn't know about the tsunami warning. However, since it was 19° last night, I was too busy trying to save myself from hypothermia to turn on the news.
On the upside, I'd more than likely not have gotten wet as I floated away in the water due to all of the layers I was wearing.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home