Thursday, June 28, 2007

“Besides, the Actual Sentence I Assigned Him Was ‘I'm a Fucking Retard.’ Surprise! He Even Got That Wrong”

A teacher who forced a pupil to write "I am a retard" 100 times was acquitted by an Italian court on Wednesday of abuse charges.

The teacher, whose identity was withheld to protect her privacy, forced the punishment on the 12-year-old boy after he blocked a fellow pupil from going to the toilet and called him "gay" and "girly."

The parents had sought 25,000 euros ($33,580) in damages and a public prosecutor had called for a two-month prison sentence, but the court cleared the teacher, a court source said.


Said the judge, “I don't know much about this boy, but from what little I do know, I think it is safe to say, there was a pretty good chance he was going to be called a ‘retard’ at least 100 times that school day, anyway. Why punish the teacher?”

1 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

Too bad the parents didn't teach their child tolerance so that he would never have had to write about being a 'tard.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home