Thursday, June 18, 2009

Loving Post-Racial America, although I Have to Confess It Looks Oddly Familiar


Newscoma posted details of a racist email sent from Sherri Goforth, legislative aid for Sen. Diane Black (R-Gallatin). The email depicts the Presidents of the United States with President Barack Obama as a pair of eyes in a black background.

I spoke with Sherri Goforth minutes ago to confirm she sent this email. She confirmed she had sent it and also said she had received a letter of reprimand from her superiors but said she will stay on the job.

When I asked her if she understood the controversial nature of the photo, Goforth would only say she felt very bad about accidentally sending it to the wrong list. When I gave her a second chance to address the controversial nature of the email, she again repeated that she only felt bad about sending it to the wrong list of people.

“I went on the wrong email and I inadvertently hit the wrong button,” Goforth told NIT. “I’m very sick about it, and it’s one of those things I can’t change or take back.”



Yes, because sending it to the wrong e-mail list is the real offense, here.

Apropos of nothing, how's that African American membership drive going, Republican Party?

1 Comments:

Blogger reenee said...

So, I guess the biggest idiots in Tennessee are not only these legislative leaders, but the people that voted them in.
Good to know.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home