Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oddly, Their Usual Tagline Is “The Magic Is in the Hole”


Voodoo Doughnut owner Tres Shannon doesn’t understand why Bitch magazine declined from running his store’s new clothing ad in their publication. According to him, the only thing that might be controversial about the ad is the fact that the woman, whose underpants-clad privates are being depicted in the ad, is unshaven. “It’s just pubic hair,” says Shannon. “I thought Bitch would be happy the woman isn’t plucked and shaved, but all natural like a real woman.”


But is that the way to go when you want to sell doughnuts? I'm not sure it is. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what you should be going for. No one says the best part of the doughnut is the coif—and for good reason, which you're, obviously, forgetting. Bitch did you a favor by refusing that ad.

It wouldn't have worked on anyone, but me, and as badly as I want a doughnut right now, you would never have been able to recoup the cost of the ad with me alone, and I could eat a lot of doughnuts right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home