Friday, August 03, 2012

Hey, Isn't that Conga Line Guy the Cowboy from the Village People?


Tell the players, make it understood
It ain't no good if there's too much wood.
Make sure you know before you go
The dance floor-bro-hoe ratio.
5-to-1 is a rodeo.
Tell Steve and Mark its time to go.
Wait outside all night to find
Twenty dudes in a conga line.

Too many dicks on the dance floor.
Easy to fix!
Too many dicks on the dance floor.
Spread out the dicks!

[Jemaine]
Too many men,
Too many boys,
Too many misters,
Not enough sisters,
Too much time on too many hands,
Not enough ladies, too many mans.

This would be the Washington state song, but because Brett and Jermaine are from New Zealand and because a conspiracy of xenophobes determine how these things play out, it isn't. So, when the occasion presents itself, we've got to sing "Washington, My Home."

What does that song teach us? Not the proper bro-to-ho ratio, not the plural of man. (All this time I thought it was “men.” Thanks NC public schooling). No, it tells us this: "This is my country; God gave it to me; I will protect it, Ever keep it free." Useless drivel.

I weep for my adopted state, mostly, for the children. No one ever stops to think how something like this affects the children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home